W.B. Jones is your source for custom springs, including compression springs, extension springs, torsion springs, and die springs. We have over 100 years of experience in the development of a expansive selection of springs, including custom springs fabricated to your precise specification. Wire ranges are available from .008" to .500", in the following materials:
- Music Wire - a high carbon steel for high stress applications
- Hard Drawn MB - a carbon steel for low stresses and low costs
- Oil Tempered - a carbon steel for wire forms, torsion springs, and larger wires
- Stainless Steel - types 302 and 316 for high temperatures and corrosion resistance
- Chrome Vanadium - an alloy wire for larger wire sizes in high stresses
- Phosphor Bronze - for electrical applications
- Brass - for applications requiring water resistance
- Others- available on an as needed basis
For new designs and changes to existing designs contact our design specialists. There are many questions that need to be answered to supply you with a spring that works and is cost effective. Our design specialists are trained to help you answer these questions.
For existing designs fax or email a current print or send a sample. With a good pair of dial calipers you can measure the spring and use the info to fill out one of the forms below.